Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nuts for Knitting

I whipped up three scarves in two days last week. 2 were made in (two) shades of grey & black Jiffy yarn, using a simple garter stitch. I finally mastered stockinette stitch and knit myself a super long scarf using black Thick & Quick. I knit it w/two skeins, holding two strands together. I love it! Hancock Fabrics had a HUGE yarn clearance, where I also picked up two sets of jumbo needles. I really enjoy using the super-sized needles--I love the texture of a nice heavy knit!

I'm currently crocheting a baby blanket for a friend--same pattern as the kids' blankies (3 strands together, single crochet w/a super sized hook) in Jiffy chili, camel & coffee. It is coming along nicely, but I'm looking forward to my next knitting project--perhaps a hat for my newest niece or a hoodie for Cassie...

No comments:

Post a Comment