Monday, August 2, 2010

Big Boy Room!


I wish I'd thought to take a few before shots. After we sold Chase's bunk beds to my cousin, he wanted a "big kid" room. It took a while, but I finally got around to it this weekend. I painted his walls on Thursday. Saturday I went shopping in my Dad's basement. I grabbed my Mom's old desk (circa 1950) and brought it home. Jamie was horrified (it was sporting a green and black combed faux finish that was older than me), but I saw the potential. I spent Saturday stripping, standing and painting. Chase picked out new hardware, fabric, and accessories at Hobby Lobby Saturday night. I spent Sunday afternoon sewing a new valance & decorative pillows. This morning I crafted a headboard out of foam core and paint.

I'm rather pleased by my efforts and Chase is thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment